- A fan continuously draws air from the protected area through the detection chamber
- Once inside, particles pass through the laser beam while the photo collector measures reflected light from the particles.
- The collector counts the number of discrete particles to determine the level of smoke concentration. A particle size discriminator prevents large particles, such as dust, from contributing to the smoke concentration.
- Unlike other high-sensitivity smoke detection systems, particle concentration is absolutely critical.
- Because they detect both the number and size of particles, it can actually distinguish particles of combustion form dust and other airborne contaminants that routinely trigger nuisance alarms in traditional spot detectors.
Sprinkler systems are fundamental to building fire protection. In mission-critical spaces, dry-type, preaction sprinkler systems are often selected. ORR Protection's specialty is the intersection of suppression and detection, and we excel at preaction sprinkler systems. Whether you need a new system, modifications to an existing system, or testing and inspection, we can address your needs.