- Li-Ion Tamer is an off-gas monitor
- It detects off-gas prior to thermal runaway
- Upon off-gas detection, detector sends a signal to controller
- Controller sends a signal to battery management system
- Battery management system shuts down battery pack and sends an alert signal
Spot type smoke detectors are devices that respond to the smoke particles produced by a fire. They operate on the ionization, photoelectric, and other smoke particle analysis principle of operation. Properly installed, smoke detectors can detect smoke particles in very early stages of fire in the areas where they are located. The selection of a particular detector or mixture of detectors should be made by a fire protection specialist and based on building and fire-load conditions.