- Water at high pressure is pushed through pipes to special nozzles at the ceiling
- The nozzles emit a fine mist of water, with small droplet sizes, which quickly convert to steam near flames
- The flames are extinguished form the dense emission of mist
- High pressure pumps drive the system
- The water source can be from the facility or from a tank nearby
- The system is released by fire detectors early, limiting the size of the fire
Rick Reynolds, VP of Power Generation for ORR Protection sits down with Lee Kaiser to talk about industry-specific innovations in fire protection, his journey at ORR, and the future of mission-critical fire protection.