Power generation facilities… whether hydroelectric, nuclear, or fossil fuel… all present significant and varied fire hazards, from both the fuel and the rotating machinery. Fire also poses a significant business risk, not only because power plants are a major capital investment, but also because downtime can have serious repercussions for those who depend on an uninterrupted supply of electricity.
CONSIDERATIONS & PROTECTION
- Generators: The combination of a fuel source and high heat create conditions where a malfunction could quickly lead to a destructive fire. Turbines are protected with CO2 or water mist. Fires resulting from ruptured fuel lines feeding diesel engines can be extinguished with a water mist system that blankets the area with a fog.
- Control Rooms: Computer and control system equipment in close proximity to high voltage poses a risk of electrical fire. Smoke and heat detection in combination with waterless clean agent suppression will extinguish fire without causing harm to control room equipment.
- Battery Rooms: This natural environment for hazards due to fire or toxic fumes can be protected with early warning smoke and gas detection using air sampling systems.
- Transformers: Outdoor transformers should be protected with heat detection and deluge sprinkler systems.
- Cable Tunnels: High voltage cable running through a confined space is monitored with smoke and heat detection. Linear heat detection provides a fast indication that conditions are changing and require immediate attention.
FIRE CODES & STANDARDS
- NFPA 2001: Clean Agent Fire Extinguishing Systems
- NFPA 12: Standard on Carbon Dioxide Extinguishing Systems
- NFPA 12a: Standard on Halon 1301 Fire Extinguishing Systems
- NFPA 750: Standard on Water Mist Fire Protection Systems
- NFPA 72: National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code
- NFPA 25: Inspection, Testing and Maintenance of Water Based Fire Protection Systems
- NFPA 10: Standard for Portable Fire Extinguishers
- NFPA 11: Standard for Low-, Medium-, and High-Expansion Foam
- NFPA 11a: Standard for Medium- and High-Expansion Foam Systems
- NFPA 850: Recommended Practice for Fire Protection for Electric Generating Plants and High Voltage Direct Current Converter Stations
- NFPA 851: Recommended Practice for Fire Protection for Hydroelectric Generating Plants
Serving over 30,000 systems Industrial Services
- Turbine Generators
- Gas/Diesel Generator Units
- Hydroelectric Generators
- Electrical Equipment Room
- Lube Oil Rooms/Areas
- Coal Handling Systems
- Dust Collectors
- Exhaust Ducts
- Cold Rolling Mills
- Grinding/Machining Units
- Paint Booths
Design Flexibility According to Your Needs
- Low Pressure/High Pressure CO2 Systems
- Water Mist Protection
- Clean Agent Systems
- Safe, harmless to people, environmentally friendly
In any operation, the quality of the work completed is significantly impacted by the skill of the individual performing the work. At ORR, all of our processes are structured to meet the newest ISO 9001:2015 Quality Standards. Registration NO: 17-096053.1Q
A comprehensive service agreement with ORR Protection offers you a path to standardize fire system Inspection, Testing, and Maintenance operations throughout all of your facilities. Whether it is local, regional or national, ORR's Service System approach provides your company with...
Experience Where and When It Counts
- The average ORR Field Technician has over 8 years of field experience.
- Manufacturer-Trained, Licensed and Certified.
- Technicians are trained and required to meet our ISO 9001:2015 compliant Quality Management System (Certificate No 17-096053.1Q).
Single-Point-Of-Contact NAC (National Account Coordinator)
ORR has the capacity to manage all of your fire systems - regardless of where they are located - through one service coordinator at our NDC (National Deployment Center)
- National Uniformity.
- Work flow efficiencies. (Less coordination on your part.)
- Significant time and money savings.
- Strategically located field technicians for emergency response.
- On-Line Reporting.
- Fully stocked service vans.
- Technicians have instant access to past inspection and maintenance history.
- Avoid future problems and unplanned expenses.
- OPEX and CAPEX budgeting.
24 hours a day, 7 days a week ...and thats our commitment.