If you think it might be handy to have a quick reference guide to the NFPA, Fire Protection Systems: Inspection, Testing and Maintenance Manual, you are not alone. To assist fire protection professionals across the country, ORR Protection put together an easy to reference, printer-friendly quick guide that gives a clear timeline (e.g. weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually) of requirements for functional testing and visual inspection.
NFPA Inspection, Testing & Maintenance Requirements
The purpose of the guide is to make it easier to recognize and comply with the NFPA inspection, testing and maintenance requirements. The guide breaks down NFPA requirements between functional testing and visual inspection, including information on:
- Fire Alarm Systems
- Clean Agent Fire Suppression Systems
- Sprinkler Systems
- Fire Extinguishers
- Hood Suppression Systems
- Diesel and Electric Fire Pumps
- Emergency Lights
- Exit Signs
NFPA Codes and Standards
In this guide, we reference several NFPA documents to cover a broad array of actions necessary to comply with fire protection codes and standards.
NFPA Codes and Standards we reference include:
- NFPA 101 - Life Safety Code
- NFPA 25 - Water-Based Fire Protection Systems
- NFPA 2001 - Clean Agent Fire Extinguishing Systems
- NFPA 17A - Wet Chemical Extinguishing Systems
- NFPA 96 - Commercial Cooking Operations
- NFPA 72 - National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code
- NFPA 10 - Portable Fire Extinguishers
- NFPA 17 - Dry Chemical Extinguishing Systems
Please keep in mind this guide is not designed to replace any NFPA code or standard, and there may be other jurisdictional requirements to consider.
To download our quick reference guide click here or the button below.
Editor's note: This article was updated on December 6th, 2017 with the updated NFPA Code Requirements for Inspection, Testing and Maintenance.